1 Nisan 2011 Cuma

priceless stamps

img_4264acard3.jpg
I should have posted this one on Valentine’s Day, it is a valentine A11 made . I was impressed with the way she combined the hearts from three different sets in the one pretty card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Priceless, All Through the Year, Time Well Spent, Fundamental Phrases, So Swirly jumbo wheel
Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Inks: Cameo Coral
Also: Corner rounder punch

Only in black and white


img_4300card11.jpg
Black and white are generally not the colours I use to make cards but I really like the striking effect of these cards. On the card above I embossed the hearts with black e.p. but I did not emboss the swirls behind. The white swirl and sentiment are rub-ons. On the card below you can see a difference in the black of the circle images and the black of the flowers. The circled flowers are embossed where the flowers in the lower half are not. I used a mask of a flower to stamp them repeatedly without overlap showing. Again I used white rub-ons.
img_4302card13.jpg
I am going to make more in black and white and would love to see other people’s designs. Leave me a link in the comment section if you have some black and white designs to share. Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
Stamps: Priceless
Inks: Black, Versamark
Cardstock: Whisper White, Black
Also: Circle punches, square punches, black e.p., Cherished Memories rub-ons, black and white grosgrain ribbon, black velvet ribbon (behind the circles)

Red and white hearts


img_4304card12.jpg
I have been playing with one colour designs lately, one colour plus white or cream that is. The swirls in the Priceless set make pretty borders or corner details. To create the dots on the left hand side I stamped the flower and then punched the centre with a ¼” punch. If I made this card again I think I would leave out the dots on the side and make the large design stretch across the whole card. To shape the corners on the mattes I punched with the ticket corner punch through both the vanilla and red rectangles creating spaces for the red brads.
Supplies:
Stamps: Priceless, Hugs and Wishes
Inks: Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Very Vanilla
Also: ¼” circle punch, square punches, Red brads

Le Jardin with hearts


img_4229card5.jpg
I played with the paper for a long time before I settled on this layout. The paper in this pack reminds me of pretty cotton quilting fabrics and I wanted that kind of effect in the card. It could be a Valentine card but as I don’t send Valentines I thought I would leave it blank and then stamp a sentiment when I decided who I would give it to. I gave the paper a frayed looking edge by scraping my fingernail along the edge and then pushing it up a little. The torn edge of the card was inked directly with the stamp pad.
Supplies:
Stamps: PricelessInks: Versamark, So Saffron, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Whisper White, Le Jardin Designer paper, Always Artichoke, River Rock, So Saffron
Also: Glassy Glaze e.p., Stampin’ dimensionals, Apricot & Cream grosgrain ribbon

Stripes and swirls


img_4172card60.jpg
img_4173card61.jpg
More cards using designer paper. I have only started using it in the last few months but I am really enjoying all the colour combinations and background patterns.
These two cards were not hard to make as the designer paper takes up most of the card. I like the way the swirl from Priceless coordinates with the swirls in the stripes.
Supplies:
Stamps: Priceless, Fundamental PhrasesInks: Almost Artichoke
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Le Jardin Designer paper, Almost Artichoke, River Rock
Also: Antique brass brads, ticket corner punch

Priceless Butterfly


img_4175card57.jpg
Sunday’s featured stamper at Splitcoast was Danielle. I chose this card to CASE and created a spring theme rather than a winter one. In order to make the butterfly and flowers sparkle I inked the stamps with versamark before the classic stamp pad colours and then embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. The butterfly is cut out and stuck over one I stamped underneath for the 3D wings effect.